Employer: Corfu Municipality
Development Spatial Planning
STUDY FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF SPECIAL ACTIVITIES IN THE REGIONAL UNIT OF CORFU (QUARRY AREAS, WASTE MANAGEMENT, INDUSTRIAL ZONE, HIGH PRODUCTIVITY AGRICULTURAL LAND ETC.)
The specific study for the establishment of productive activities in the regional unit of Corfu puts forward proposals to mitigate the most important spatial problems of the island.
In particular the topics of the study are:
- The control of the roadside construction in narrow roads and in areas dominated by non-approved built environment.
- Protection and preservation of agricultural lands
- Management of quarrying activities in the regional unit
- The establishment of a well-organized facility for productive activities
- Resolution of the problems resulting from proximity of liquid and gas fuels storage units to settlements
- Proposal of a waste management system and location of waste disposal facilities